SOLAR BATTERY CHARGER MPP-12/350
- The following description refers to a former product of ours that is not produced anymore. If you are interested in producing this or a revised product please contact us.
- New: Maximum Power Point (MPP) controlled charging for up to 25% more efficiency.
- New: Real charge balancing, accounting for inflow and outflow of current for optimal battery status control.
- Overdischarge protection with up to 30 amps load current.
- Dot-matrix LCD for detailed status display.
- Highly efficient DC-DC technology.
- Minimum quiescent supply current.
High-tech solar battery charger for solar systems up to 350 W peak solar panel power. The battery charging is temperature controlled, further employing the I/U characteristic. Optimum charge to 100% capacity is accomplished. The MPP-control converts the solar panel impedance to the battery voltage, so that optimum power yield is guarantied The charging current can be up to 25% higher compared to standard chargers.
The controller enhances battery lifetime with overdischarge protection and by forcing an equalizing charge every 7 weeks to fully charge all the battery cells. Charging and discharging current is not only informatively displayed but also integrated to allow a true gauge capacity display. The design features a Microchip PIC 16C56 controller and Burr-Brown high precision operating amplifiers. The manufacturer is TCE, the device is sold by Mükra electronics.
- Module power 40-350W 25 amp max. solar current > 100W for MPP efficiency recommended
- Sealed or unsealed lead acid batteries 12V/36 .. 1000 Amp hours [AH]
- Temperature controlled charging
- Equalizing charge every 7 weeks
- Overdischarge protection load current dependent between 9.0 .. 100V, 30 amps max.
- Overvoltage protection
- MPP-control with input voltages between 13 and 25 volts
- MPP DC-DC converter efficiency over 90%
- Battery saving sleep mode during no load/no charge conditions
- LCD dot-matrix display with 16*2 characters. Display:
- Constantly: Stored solar battery power in Amp hours
- Battery temperature (-30 .. 90 °C)
- Battery voltage (9 .. 25.5V)
- Battery current (-30 .. 25.5A)
- Load current (0 .. 30 A)
- Electronic and conventional fuses for circuit protection